Sunday, September 19, 2010

Psycho Chairs

Orchestra 9th period after STAC 9/17
<>
Sitting Onstage

<>
Sitting On A Table In The Cafeteria Afterschool

<>
Oustide the Front of the School
 
Sitting on Bleachers
 
 
<>
Desk Chair

TV Couch
Car ride to SAT Class
SAT Room #1
<>
SAT Room #2

<>
On the Computer Writing this Blog Entry


Where I ate Dinner- Chair most to the right


Throughout this psychogeorgraphy process I found myself thinking what am I ever going to discover about myself through pictures of chairs? At one point I began to frantically pass through the pictures to see if anything looked significant, however I did not find anything. Then I just thought about the pictures themselves and tried to remember what the chairs looked like. I realized that in most of the pictures I had placed myself in the right of the room or area. At first I kind of disregarded this detail but when I realized perhaps this was all I really had, it came to me that this was incredibly significant. To my gratitude, I frequently found that for most of my pictures I could repeatedly make this "right side" connection. In the auditorium directly after STAC something drew me to sitting in a chair towards the right of the middle section as seen in a diagram I produced. Directly following, the place I was assigned to sit in was a chair seated toward the right of the stage arrangement. Seemingly too coincidental to be ignored. Then when I sufficiently considered it my placement in the cafeteria was on the right side. The next seat was on the right side of the ledge in front of the school. Then on my desk chair which is conveniently placed on the right side of the room. Later I watched a movie and sat on the right side of the couch. It is beginning to seem a bit freaky.  I chose to sit on the right side of the car on the ride to my SAT class on Sunday. Then at the first class I told my teacher about my STAC project to explain why I was taking a picture of a chair. I proceeded to tell her my findings about the right side and she asked if I was right handed. Making this connection I started wondering if this would contribute to something because I am right handed. All in all I found that when I walk into the room and sit down, a significant amount of the time I will move towards the right of the room.


No comments:

Post a Comment