Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Tree Branch

Today was my first plunge into STAC art. I actually haven't drawn in a class since the 8th grade. I always did well and did enjoy it so hopefully I will get back into the groove. We drew symmetrical shapes inside a circle with a theme to center it around in simple black and white. When I was watching the Busby Berkley autobiography film, one scene really caught my eye. The dancers were on a revolving platform through an aerial view with their legs sprawling in different triangular directions. I immediately saw with these thin white legs contrasting to the black background, tree branches. Then I decided I wanted to have a theme on trees. I wanted to mostly capture the branches that intertwined together. Then I drew in leaves in oval shapes to add to the theme. It was interesting when I took a look at my drawing and saw that the way I pictured it was different in my mind, mostly because I didn't have a certain image in my mind. However, I was still satisfied with how it turned out. I remember now that this is frequently what happens with art. You come into it with not a completely certain idea but with letting things simply happen in the end it will almost never be exactly what you expected but can still be good. I wonder how tomorrow will be with color, I was never very good with coloring things in...

No comments:

Post a Comment