Monday, October 4, 2010

First STAC Trip


Overall, I was more than satisfied with how the trip to the city to see Matisse at MoMa and La Cage au Folles. I found it gave me so much more development, appreciation and understanding to have the background knowledge on Matisse and his inspirations like Cezane, Gaudin and Signot. When first arriving at the gallery it is like seeing a familiar face in looking at the paintings. Yet, it was completely different to actually see the paintings than to read and see photographs about them. There is so much more detail, brush strokes, scratches, in the painting. I already had my thoughts that Matisse had started out so wanting to be a great painter and do amazingly accurate works of art, only to then later on in his career try to move backwards to have simpler work.
In this painting, one of many examples, shows the simplicity that Matisse wanted to portray. He already proved with his more early on and realistic pieces that he could paint. He could finish painting in all the empty spaces but he choose not to.

This reminded me so much of the prisoner and at first I didn't notice the circular painting on a wall behind this wheel. Then when I properly set up my camera I took this it reminded me more of the prisoner because it is just like episodes where the storyline ends up going in a circle.
Today's episode I found to be one of the best one's I have seen. I now am used to how the episodes are supposed to be and the general style of Patrick McGoohans acting. This prisoner episode had many unknowns at first but were later on all explained in. I really liked the mysteriousness at first and then things seeming more reasonable as opposed to the last Prisoner episode directed by Patrick McGoohan which was so out there.

The "Dan Lane" experiment was unique to our group and was really awesome. It was the ultimate improv acting experience that really proved how believable we could be. The one notable man who approached Elisa and I asking who it was we were genuinely screaming for was such satisfaction.


1 comment:

  1. YOU FOUND THE WHEEL ON THE STOOL!!!! Great - who is it by?

    ReplyDelete