Monday, December 5, 2011

Dead City

I saw a theatre performance at Brown this weekend student directed and acted. I really enjoyed it much more than broadway musicals I must say. First off it was a new piece that I have never even heard of before. In addition it felt relevent to my life as it was performed by people close to my age and involved themes that I can relate to. However, the show was primarly about an older woman struggling with loneliness in her marriage and lifestyle. The actors well clearly well trained and for the most pasrt made me want to at least apply to Brown all the more. I felt like the director at least in the directors note thought to emphasize the location of the theatre piece, New York City, as the main theme when really it was at most a good symbol for the real problems and themes. There were great characters and a constant vibe of livelyness that made me not want the performance to end but at the same time there was an ending that definitely provided closure.

No comments:

Post a Comment